Lightroom 101 – Saturday November 17, 2018, 12-5pm
Click here for more info and to sign up
This workshop will thoroughly cover the Library and Develop modules where you manage, keyword, edit and enhance your images. With hands-on practice, learn how to quickly and easily import, organize, edit, rate, and enhance your images, and how to work through large shoots efficiently with synchronized settings and presets. We will discuss how Photoshop will still fit in your workflow, and learn how to move between Lightroom and Photoshop easily.
We will take several images through the entire Develop workflow, reviewing tools as we go. Topics emphasized will be based on student needs. You will have time to practice with your own images, ask questions, and get feedback on your work.
• Import process
• Metadata and Keywording
• Using ratings and filters
• Mastering good workflow practices
• Evaluating photos and making creative decisions
• Perfecting tone and color in each photo
• Making local adjustments with tools such as the Adjustment brush and Graduated Filter
• Applying sharpening and noise reduction
• Correcting lens distortion • Using virtual copies
• Saving develop states with snapshots
• Making great black and white conversions
No prior experience with Lightroom is necessary; however a working knowledge of computers is necessary for you to get the most from this workshop. A laptop computer loaded with Lightroom Classic CC is required. If you own the stand-alone version of at least Lightroom 5, you will not have a number of the newer features, but you are welcome to attend. You can download a trial version of Classic CC at Adobe.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have the cloud based version, which is simply called Lightroom CC, that is a very different program and we won’t be covering it. Call or email me with any questions.
Date: Saturday – November 17, 2018
Time: 12-5 PM
Location: Digital Silver Imaging, 9 Brighton St. Belmont, MA
Fee for this course is $149*